Medical hygiene pertains to the hygiene practices related to the administration of medicine, and medical care, that prevents or minimizes disease and the spreading of disease.
Medical hygiene practices include:
- Isolation or quarantine of infectious persons or materials to prevent spread of infection
- Sterilization of instruments used in surgical procedures
- Use of protective clothing and barriers, such as masks, gowns, caps, eyewear and gloves
- Proper bandaging and dressing of injuries
- Safe disposal of medical waste
- Disinfection of reusables (i.e. linen, pads, uniforms)
- Scrubbing up, hand-washing, especially in an operating room.
But we also provide touchless hand disinfection, antimicrobial dressings, waterless washing, hygiene monitoring with ATP and monitoring of sanitizers and detergents.